Please find the attached Plan of the Week. For our new Spring Quarter Students, welcome to the Plan of the Week, and our Edmonds Community College Veteran Community!
Here's a few additional notes and points of emphasis this week:
- Your Veterans Resource Center is open as usual, normal operating hours as shown in the plan.
- Our Veterans Service Officer, Max Bettman, will not be in the office. He plans to return on April 8th.
- A very special VRC welcome to our new Volunteer Staff Members, Mike and Linda Averbush. Mike and Linda bring a wealth of experience and passion for helping Veterans. We look forward to having them aboard!
- Our Veterans Job Binder continues to recieve updates from employers looking to hire Veterans. The binders are in the Veterans Lounge on the coffee table, so stop in and have a look. Your next career may be waiting for you!
- We have a new service available in our computer lab. Just above the printer, you will find a cork board where Veterans can post textbooks they would like to pass on or sell to other Veterans. If you have a textbook you'd like to post, please feel free to post on our board. Be sure to check back often!
- New titles in our Veterans' Library include 2 copies of "Breath of Freedom" by Maria Huhn and Martin Klimke, 1 copy of "War" by Sebastian Junger, and two copies of "What it is like to go to War" by Karl Marlantes. Let us know if you have recommendations for books or would like to donate books of interest to Veterans.
Chris Szarek, MBA, USN (Ret.)
Veterans Resource Center Director